Lábatlan is a settlement on the right bank of the Danube, which spreads to the northern stretches of Gerecse Mountains. Its slopes give wonderful view to the Danube and Slovakia over the river. The present town, which was united from Lábatlan and Piszke in 1950, has been populated since the Hungarian conquest. Special ones of the natural sights of the settlement are Pisznice, being part of Gerecse Mountains, with Bat Cave and a closed red limestone mine, the Gerenday garden in the middle of the town on almost two hectares, the Sziklay Garden, having special dendrological value, and two lime trees, which were planted in memory of Queen Elisabeth's death in 1899. Lábatlan has rich industrial traditions, in which Antal Gerenday, who was a significant person in the settlement, and his family had great work and established a stone-cutter in the middle of the 1800s. The former Gerenday-house, which has the marks of Esterházy-style, was renovated by the self-government, had its remained furniture, paintings restored and opened it for visitors. The Gerenday Community House became cultural centre, which is very popular together with its Gerenday Garden and open-air theatre. The name of the settlement is most well-known in connection with industry: in 1869 here was established Hungary's first portlandcement factory, which is based on the raw material of the marl-mine in Bersek Mountain. The most important monument is the Calvinist church from the 15th century. The gothic building gained its present form in 1894, but within the new exterior the memories of the past remained built in.